Tuft & Needle Terms & Conditions Of Service
Current policy effective as of January 27, 2017
By using the Site, you are indicating to us that you agree to these Terms as they are written here. If you do not agree to these Terms, please leave and do not use the Site. If you have any questions about the Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Site allows you to learn about and to purchase T&N mattresses and other products (collectively, “Products”).
We may change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Site at any time, including hours of operation or availability of the Site or of any Product or feature, without notice or liability.
We may offer Products through other authorized distribution channels, such as other sellers and websites; if so, the terms, conditions, and policies applicable to those other sellers and websites may apply, and those may be different than these Terms.
Please note the arbitration provision set forth below, requiring you to arbitrate any claims you may have against T&N on an individual basis. ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE, AND YOU WAIVE, THE RIGHT FOR A JUDGE OR JURY TO DECIDE YOUR CLAIMS, AND THAT YOU MAY NOT PROCEED IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, OR REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY.
II. Electronic Communications
By visiting the Site and/or communicating with us by email or by chat via the Site, you are communicating with us electronically and agreeing that we may communicate with you electronically (including by email, chat on the Site, notices posted to the Site, and possibly other means as well). You agree that all such electronic communications (including all notices, disclosures, warranties, and agreements) satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be “in writing.” We may also communicate with you via telephone; please let us know if you do not want us to contact you that way.
III. You Must Be Over the Age of 13 To Use The Site and To Buy a T&N Product
You may not use the Site unless you are over the age of 13.
If you purchase a Product via the Site on behalf of another person or organization, then by doing that you represent and warrant to us that you have the right and authority to do so and to bind that other person or organization to these Terms.
IV. Content & Intellectual Property
You may not copy or use any of the Content and Intellectual Property of or on the Site without our prior written authorization. Content means all of the visual, audio-visual, and written information displayed on the Site, including all graphics, photographs, drawings, designs, iconography, animation, videos, and writing (collectively, “Content”). All Content on the Site is the property of T&N and/or third parties with whom T&N has a relationship, and all Content may be protected by one or more applicable intellectual property laws, including without limitation copyright, right of publicity, trademark laws.
The source code and compilation of this Site are likewise the exclusive property of T&N and protected by applicable intellectual property laws. You are not authorized to use such source code for any purpose other than the ordinary use of the Site.
All trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, and other branding devices (collectively, “Marks”) that appear on the Site and/or T&N Products (collectively the “T&N Marks”) are the exclusive property of T&N and are protected by applicable intellectual property laws. In some cases, we may display Marks that are owed by third parties with whom we have a relationship. You may not display or use the T&N Marks (or Marks of third parties displayed on the Site) without our prior written authorization (or prior authorization from the applicable third party).
If you are a member of the press, you may use the Content included on our Press page without our prior written authorization, but only for legitimate, accurate, non-commercial reporting purposes that are not likely to cause confusion as to the source, sponsorship and/or affiliation of T&N or T&N’s Products.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have questions about our Content or intellectual property, including whether we are willing to authorize your use of the same.
The feature of our purchase process that auto-populates addresses when you begin typing them into our order form implements functionalities that are enabled by Google Maps APIs. By using those features of functionalities, you are bound by Google’s Terms of Service with respect to those features or functionalities. Google’s Terms of Service can be found here.
VI. Limited License and Site Access
You are allowed to use the Site only for your lawful personal use (or personal use on behalf of a third party). You may not use the Site to do or to facilitate any of the following things (or otherwise to violate any laws or legal rights of anyone else):
- Copy, imitate, mirror, distribute, publish, download, publicly display, publicly perform, post or transmit any of the Content in any manner or format, and through any means now known or later developed.
- Resell any T&N Products or display or describe T&N Products for commercial or competitive purposes, or in a false, misleading, or disparaging light.
- Commit fraud or other dishonest act, including by seeking refunds or other compensation or benefits for Product orders that are not legitimate, or about which you are not being completely truthful in your communications with us.
- Make commercial use of any Content or any Product available on the Site.
- Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or convert into human readable form any of the source code / HTML code underlying the Site.
- Use any automated software or tools that are designed to extract and copy data (such as bots, spiders, crawlers, or other similar data-mining, data-gathering, or data-extraction methods) on the Contents of, or source code / HTML code underlying, the Site.
- Collect any information about users of the Site.
- Attempt to interfere with, disrupt, reverse-engineer, steal from, or gain unauthorized access to, any of the software, technology, or equipment that supports the Site;
- Impersonate another person, or misrepresent your affiliation, with a person or entity;
- Post advertising or marketing links or content;
- Access the Site from anywhere in the world where it is unlawful for you to do so.
VII. Truthful Communications
You promise that all of the information that you provide to T&N when communicating with us via the Site and/or otherwise, and when purchasing Products from us, will be true, accurate, current, and complete. We are not responsible for problems that you encounter as a result of false, inaccurate, outdated, or incomplete information that you provide to us. For example, when you purchase a Product via the Site, we will ship that Product to the address that you provided while completing your order. If that address is incorrect, you may experience problems with your purchase for which we will not be responsible.
VIII. Purchasing Products
We will display on the Site the current prices for all Products available for purchase via the Site. The prices do not include applicable taxes and fees that we are legally required to charge you. We will inform you about any such taxes and/or fees before you are able to complete a purchase order. For example, certain jurisdictions require us to charge and remit separate fees to support those jurisdictions mattress recycling efforts.
We do not charge for standard shipping within the contiguous United States.
The Site currently uses one or more third parties to process payments that you authorize in connection with purchasing Products. We will inform you of the methods of payment that our third party payment processors permit while you are placing your order.
T&N reserves the right to decline or cancel orders at any time. Notification is via email to the email address you provided when submitting your order. We assume no responsibilities for issues resulting from such declines, cancellations, or email notification failure. Order costs will be charged to your payment method upon acceptance.
All amounts listed and monetary transactions on and via the Site are in U.S. dollars.
IX. 100-Night Trial, Warranty, and Other Refunds / Returns
Please refer to our 100-Night Trial Policy and Limited Warranty to learn about the terms that apply to those T&N offerings. The 100-Night Trial Policy and Limited Warranty are each part of these Terms.
For questions about potential refunds or returns not covered by the 100-Night Trial Policy and Limited Warranty, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Generally, shipping is free for customers in the contiguous United States. You may cancel an order anytime prior to shipment.
X. Old Mattresses
If you purchase a mattress from T&N, you have the option of asking us to help with suggestions for the removal of your old mattress. Please contact email@example.com if you wish to take advantage of this option. In most cases, this will require the involvement of a third-party service provider.
From time to time, we may offer special purchase terms on a very limited basis to persons, groups, or organizations with which we have a special business or philanthropic relationship. Any such special purchase terms may be subject to rules, terms, and conditions that are different than or in addition to these Terms.
XII. Content You Submit to T&N
From time to time, T&N may allow you to submit or post reviews, comments, photos, videos, or similar content or materials on the Site (collectively, “Postings”). We welcome your Postings as long as they are appropriate. Postings may not harass, libel, defame, slander, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights of any other person or organization and may not be obscene, pornographic, defamatory, profane, or otherwise unlawful or indecent.
We reserve sole and complete discretion over whether to allow or display, and how to use, all Postings. By submitting a Posting to us (via the Site or otherwise), you grant T&N an perpetual, worldwide, unlimited, fully assignable, royalty-free and fully-paid-up right and license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display, transmit, communicate to the public, publicly perform, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and exploit for any purpose (collectively, “Use”) such Posting through any means or method now or not yet in existence. The foregoing right and license includes a royalty-free license to Use the name, image, photograph and/or likeness of any person depicted in or identifiable from any Posting. You waive any and all rights under copyright law, right of publicity law, privacy law, and other legal rights (in addition to any “moral rights” that you may have in your Posting). Further, by submitting a Posting to T&N (via the Site or otherwise), you promise to T&N each of the following things:
- You possess all legal rights, authorizations, and/consents or releases necessary to grant to T&N the foregoing rights in your Posting.
- Your Posting does not infringe, misappropriate, or violate any legal rights of any other person or organization party or entity.
T&N has no obligation to monitor the Site or Postings to the Site. However, we reserve the right to maintain full control over all aspects of the Site, including all Postings, and we may remove, delete, redact, or otherwise modify any Posting at any time, for any reason, with or without notice or further obligation to you. If you do not agree with these terms, please do not submit a Posting.
T&N does not promise or guarantee that the content of any Posting will be truthful, accurate, or reliable.
XIII. Digital Millenium Copyright Act
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides procedures for copyright owners to follow if they believe in good faith that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you have such a good faith belief with respect to any content posted on the Site, you or your agent should contact T&N in a writing clearly identified as a “Notification of Claimed Infringement.” That writing should describe the alleged infringement and request that the allegedly infringing content be removed (or that access to it be blocked). A “Notice of Claimed Infringement” must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the works that have been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work alleged to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- Identification of the specific material alleged to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow T&N to locate the material on the Site;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address (to the extent available);
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been improperly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send T&N a counter-notice describing why you have that belief.
Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details.
Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Site should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend that you obtain professional legal advice before filing a notice or counter-notice under the DMCA. The DMCA imposes penalties for false claims made under it.
T&N is not responsible for any dispute or disagreement between you and any other person or entity with whom you may communicate or interact via or while using the Site. You assume all risk associated with dealing with such third parties. You release and shall hold harmless T&N from and against all claims, injuries, demands, and exposures of any kind arising out of or relating to any such dispute or disagreement. You also promise not to involve T&N in such dispute.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (A) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND (B) EXCEPT FOR OUR EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY, T&N (INCLUDING ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, AGENTS, AND ADVISORS) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES AS TO THE SITE (AND PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE), IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
T&N MAKES NONE OF THE FOLLOWING WARRANTIES, EACH OF WHICH T&N EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS:
- THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS OR NEEDS
- THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE
- THE NATURE, QUALITY, OR QUALITIES OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROMOTED OR AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE VIA THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS OR NEEDS
XV. Limitation on Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT T&N WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF T&N HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE
- THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH, FROM, OR AS A RESULT OF THE SITE
- UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF DATA OR INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE TO US VIA THE SITE OR OTHERWISE
- STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY USER OR THIRD PARTY ON OR INVOLVING THE SITE
- YOUR RELIANCE ON CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE BY US OR THIRD PARTIES ON OR VIA THE SITE
- ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SITE
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THIS PARAGRAPH MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, T&N’s MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR YOUR USE OF T&N CONTENT, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED THE PRICE THAT YOU PAID FOR ANY PRODUCT(S) PURCHASED VIA THE SITE OR $50, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
NOTE THAT THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION DO NOT APPLY TO NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS.
XVI. Dispute Resolution; Choice of Law; Mandatory Arbitration
We hope and expect that we will never have a dispute with you. However, if a dispute, claim, or controversy arises out of or relating to these Terms (including an alleged breach or the termination, enforcement, interpretation, or validity thereof), the Site, or your purchase of Products or use of any service available via the Site, the following rules and procedures shall apply.
A. Informal Dispute Resolution. You and T&N each agree that you will try in good faith to resolve such Dispute informally. If you wish to initiate this informal process, you should send a notice clearly marked “Notice of Dispute,” and containing a brief written statement setting forth your name, address, and contact information, the facts giving rise to your Dispute, and the relief you are seeking. You must send any such notice to T&N at email@example.com. We will contact you via email at the address specified in any such notice or the physical address we have on file relating to any Product order you placed with us. You and T&N agree to use reasonable, good faith efforts to settle any Dispute through consultation, communication, and negotiations within thirty (30) days of your submission of such notice. If a Dispute is not resolved within thirty (30) days of such submission, you or T&N may resort to the procedures described in the remainder of this section. If we have a Dispute with you, we will follow the same process, except that we will initiate the process by sending the “Notice of Dispute” to you via email at the address specified in any such notice or the physical address we have on file relating to any Product order you placed with us.
B. Mandatory Arbitration. In the event that you and T&N are unable to resolve a Dispute through informal discussions within thirty (30) days of the “Notice of Dispute” (as described above), you and we agree to resolve such Dispute through final and binding arbitration, except as set forth under “Exceptions” below, and unless you have opted-out of this agreement to arbitration by following the procedure described below.
Opt-out of Agreement to Arbitrate
You can decline this agreement to arbitrate within thirty (30) days of your first use of the Site or the date on which you purchased a T&N Product (whichever is later) by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org in a writing (including via email) clearly marked “Opt-out of Agreement to Arbitrate” that states that you decline this arbitration agreement.
If you do not opt out, you and T&N each agree to submit to the personal and exclusive arbitration of any disputes arising out of or relating to your use of the Site under the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). The AAA Rules and fee information are available at www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879.
The arbitration shall be held in the United States county where you live or work, or in Phoenix, Arizona, unless you and T&N otherwise agree in writing. You may not, and you promise not to, initiate any legal action or proceeding against T&N (including its employees, officers, agents, and advisors) in any other forum or location.
T&N will pay all filing and arbitration fees for claims of less than $75,000 unless the arbitrator determines that a claim is frivolous or was brought in bad faith or for an improper purpose. You are responsible for any other costs that you may incur in connection with the arbitration, including but not limited to attorney's fees and expert witness costs, unless T&N is otherwise specifically required to pay such fees under applicable law. For claims that total more than $75,000, the AAA Rules shall govern payment of filing fees and arbitration fees. You and T&N agree not to seek attorneys' fees and costs in arbitration, unless the arbitrator determines that a claim is frivolous or was brought in bad faith or for an improper purpose.
You agree that you may resolve any Dispute with us only on an individual basis, and that you may not bring any claim or demand as a plaintiff of, or otherwise participate as part of, any purported class, consolidated, or representative action or proceeding. Further, unless you and T&N otherwise agree in writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of any class, consolidated or representative proceeding. You therefore acknowledge and understand that each of the following restrictions applies to any Dispute you have with T&N (including its employees, officers, agents, and advisors) arising out of or relating to your use of the Site, purchase of any Products, or these Terms:
- YOU AND T&N ARE EACH GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL
- YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO BRING A CLAIM IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY OR AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A MEMBER OF A CLASS OF CLAIMANTS IN ANY LAWSUIT INVOLVING ANY SUCH DISPUTE
If any court or arbitrator determines that the class, consolidated, or representative action waiver set forth in this section is void or unenforceable for any reason or that arbitration may proceed on a class, consolidated, or representative basis, then the Dispute will not be subject to arbitration and, other than small claims actions, must be brought in a federal or state court of competent jurisdiction in Phoenix, Arizona (Maricopa County). You and T&N each irrevocably consent to venue and personal jurisdiction there and waive all objections to venue or personal jurisdiction there (except for objections based on failure of service of process). You and T&N also each agree to waive our right to a jury trial in these circumstances.
C. Exceptions. Either you or T&N may bring a lawsuit for injunctive relief to prevent and/or to stop (1) unauthorized use or abuse of the Site, (2) defamation, libel, or other false or misleading statements, or (3) any actual or threatened intellectual property infringement or unfair competition without first engaging in the informal dispute resolution and arbitration processes described above.
D. Choice of Law. These Terms and the relationship between you and T&N shall in all cases be governed by the laws of the State of Arizona without reference or recourse to its choice of law or conflicts of laws principles.
XVII. Your Feedback
We welcome your comments, suggestions, and ideas about the Site, but we have no obligation to review, agree with, or implement them. In addition, please understand that we retain sole and complete discretion to use, disclose, disseminate, publish, and publicly display anything you send us (including your ideas, suggestions, inventions, secrets, or content) without paying or otherwise compensating you or anyone else. If you do not wish to grant us those rights, please do not send us anything without first contacting and discussing the matter with email@example.com.
XVIII. Our Right to Terminate Your Access to the Site
Although we highly doubt that we will ever have any reason to do so, we reserve the right, in our sole and complete discretion, to terminate your access and ability to use the Site without notice or attendant liability. Upon termination, these Terms will still apply.
XIX. Our Right to Change or Update these Terms
We may review these Terms periodically to ensure that they comply with applicable law and remain consistent with our Products and operations. We therefore reserve the right to update and revise these Terms at any time without specific or direct notice to you. We intend to change the “Current Policy effective as of ___” date at the top of these Terms each time we revise these Terms, but please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about whether we have changed or updated any of the Terms or about which version of the Terms applies to you. You may wish review these Terms regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes or updates.
Our failure partially or fully to exercise any of our rights, or our waiver of any violation of these Terms, shall not prevent our later exercise of such right and shall not constitute or indicate our waiver of any subsequent breach. Our rights and remedies under these Terms and any other applicable agreement between you and us shall be cumulative, and the exercise of any such right or remedy shall not limit our right to exercise any other right or remedy.
If any part or section of these Terms is determined to be invalid, void, or unenforceable for any reason, only that part or section will be severed. Such severing shall not affect the continuing validity and enforceability of the remaining parts or sections.
XXII. Entire Agreement
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and T&N with respect to the Site and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications relating to the Site. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
XXIII. White Glove Delivery
For White Glove Delivery (in-home setup and mattress removal), a customer or adult must be present at the scheduled time and delivery address. If no adult is present at the time of delivery, T&N reserves the right to leave the package with a secure receiving authority (e.g., doorman, concierge, or building package center). All mattresses removed using T&N's White Glove Delivery must be in sanitary condition. White Glove Delivery fees are final and will not be refunded in the event you return any of the Products.
XXIV. Tuft & Needle Refer-a-Friend Program Terms & Conditions
- Referrer. A “Referrer” is a real person who refers other real people to tuftandneedle.com. To participate as a Referrer, visit www.tuftandneedle.com/refer-a-friend and follow the instructions to refer others to the website. For every “Qualified Referral” (defined below), a Referrer may be eligible to received “Referral Reward(s)” also defined below.
- Referred Customer. A “Referred Customer” is a real person who arrives at tuftandneedle.com by clicking your unique Refer-a-Friend program link (“Referral Link”) The Referred Customer and the Referrer cannot be the same person (for example, by using a different email address). The Referred Customer must complete the purchase on tuftandneedle.com and must have not shopped on tuftandneedle.com before for the Referrer to earn a Referral Credit. At Tuft & Needle’s sole discretion, a Referred Customer may receive a discount off of a Qualified Referral purchase at tuftandneedle.com.
- Qualified Referral. A Qualified Referral is defined as a first completed mattress purchase of at least $895.00 in USD in the United States by a real person and shipped to an address in the United States made at tuftandneedle.com a Referred Customer. As a Referrer, you are limited to one Qualified Referral for each Referred Customer; in other words, additional/repeat purchases made by a Referred Customer are not counted as additional Qualified Referrals. Tuft & Needle will only honor the first Referral Link through which a friend completes a single transaction with a minimum mattress purchase of $895 on tuftandneedle.com that is accepted and processed by Tuft & Needle. Therefore, if multiple Referrers have referred the same friend and the friend has activated multiple Referral Links, only the Referrer of the first Referral Link through which the friend purchased his/her first minimum mattress purchase of $895 from tuft&needle.com will be entitled to receive a Referral Reward. All other Referrals will automatically be invalidated. Referral links shared to or obtained through other sources (for example, posting to third-party websites) will not be honored. Tuft & Needle, in its sole discretion, has the right to determine whether or not you have made a Qualified Referral based on your adherence to these Terms & Conditions.
- Referral Rewards. Referrers will receive one $25 gift card for each Qualified Referral (“Referral Reward”). Referral Rewards are earned as the result of Qualified Referrals only. For you to earn referral rewards as a Referrer, the Referred Customer must have made the payment for the order and received goods and services from Tuft & Needle. You must clearly explain to your friends that you will receive a $25 gift card if your friend proceeds to make a minimum mattress purchase of $895 on the tuftandneedle.com website. The Referral Reward is determined by Tuft & Needle and is subject to change at Tuft & Needle’s sole discretion. No Referral Rewards will be awarded if the Referred Customer returns the purchase. As a Referrer, you are responsible for any and all tax liability resulting from Referral Rewards. No more than $699 in cumulative Referral Rewards will be awarded to any Referrer.
- Eligibility. Referrers, Referred Customers, and friends must be individuals located in the United States, be at least 18 years old. Employees of Tuft & Needle or its subsidiaries, affiliates, or promotional agencies, including immediate family and household members, are not eligible to participate in the Program. Tuft & Needle’s Refer-a-Friend Program cannot be used by businesses for affiliate lead generation or posted on discount sites, each as determined by Tuft & Needle in its sole discretion. Referral Links are for individual, personal use only and may not be used for commercial purposes.
- No Spam. As a Referrer, you agree to comply with all laws, including without limitation the CAN SPAM Act and other laws to prevent “spam”. Any distribution of your referral link that could constitute unsolicited commercial email or "spam" under any applicable law or regulation is expressly prohibited and will be grounds for immediate termination of your account, exclusion from Tuft & Needle’s Refer-a-Friend Program, and forfeiture of any Referral Rewards.
- Right to Close Accounts. Tuft & Needle reserves the right to close the account(s) of any Referrer and/or Referred Customer, remove any Referral Rewards, and to request proper payment if the Referrer and/or Referred Customer attempts to use the Tuft & Needle Refer-a-Friend Program in a questionable manner or breaches any of these Terms & Conditions or is in violation of any law, statute, or governmental regulation.
- Right to Cancel Program or Change Terms. Tuft & Needle reserves the right to modify, limit, terminate, discontinue or cancel the Refer-a-Friend Program or to change these Terms & Conditions at any time in its sole discretion. If we change these Terms & Conditions, we will post the updated version on tuft&needle.com. Any unclaimed Referral Rewards will be forfeited at that time.
- Revocation/Disqualification. Tuft & Needle reserves the right to revoke any Referral Rewards or otherwise disqualify any Referrer or friend in the event of any suspected fraud or violation of the terms and conditions.